About our Perfumes
Frequently Asked Questions
About our Perfumes
Q: I've heard about top, middle, and drydown notes - what are those?
A: Depending on their tendency to change over time and how long they remain perceptibly fragrant, essences are classified as top, middle and drydown notes.
- Top notes reach our noses first, forming an initial impression and quickly dissipating. Many of them are aromatics like herbs and spices (lavender, cinnamon) or citrus (i.e., lavender, grapefruit, peppermint).
- Middle (or heart) notes are traditionally made from flowers, the most prized of which are jasmine, rose, geranium, tuberose and ylang ylang. The intensity of the florals give structure to a fragrance, imparting warmth and fullness and providing contrast to bring out the best in top notes and drydowns. We like to throw a little extra kick in at this level (Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and other spicy surprises), which we think makes Harvey Prince scents so intriguing and effective.
- Lastly, the drydown. These intense and dynamic components evolve over the course of hours. They are usually thick and syrupy and derived from barks (sandalwood), roots, resins, saps (balsam), and grasses (patchouli).
Q: Do your perfumes contain parabens, phthalates, PCBs, BPAs, GMOs, sulfates or other toxic chemicals?
A: No. At Harvey Prince we believe you deserve to wear only the highest quality scents, made with the finest natural & essential oils. Please contact us with any specific questions and we would be happy to help!
Q: I have food allergies. Will Harvey Prince scents cause an allergic reaction?
A: Harvey Prince products are hypoallergenic, with none of the following food allergens:
- No celery, eggs/egg products, milk/milk products, peanuts/peanut products, seed/seed products, soybean/soybean products
- No wheat/wheat products, gluten, tree nuts, seafood, sulfites
Q: Who makes your perfumes?
A: We design & conceive the inspiration for each fragrance in-house. In addition to our own research & surveys, we regularly work with leading dermatologists, doctors, & scientists on studies regarding certain smells and their effects on women/men. Our master perfumers handcraft each fragrance in our New Jersey facility, right here in the USA.
Q: Are animal ingredients or animal testing used in your products?
A: Our products use no animal products and are 100% cruelty-free.